We would like to reassure you of our commitment to the health and safety of all our guests and staff. All hotels under Centara Hotels & Resorts continue to follow strict safety protocols and adhere to rigorous health and hygiene procedures under our comprehensive and certified Centara Complete Care programme.
In light of the recent heightened restrictions within Thailand, and to comply with government regulations, certain services and facilities at our hotels in Thailand are operating with revised schedules, whilst other facilities have been forced to temporarily close. The restrictions vary by province and are in place until the end of April, but are subject to possible extension, so we advise guests to check the regulations and restrictions in their intended destination before travelling. Alternatively, you can of course contact the hotel directly. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Our latest policy regarding rebooking and cancellation is as follows:
UPDATED Guidelines on the New Thailand Travel Restrictions starting January 9, 2023
- Travellers entering Thailand are not required to show Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 test results. All travellers can freely travel to Thailand without any COVID restrictions.
- Travellers are not required to obtain a Thailand Pass or Certificate of Entry (COE). There is no need to download any mobile app.
- Travel Insurance is still highly recommended when you travel to Thailand.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory for travellers travelling from and to countries that require RT-PCR COVID test for incoming travellers such as India and China. Insurance validity must be +7 days to the intended stay in Thailand.
We have developed an extensive Centara Complete Care programme to ensure the protection, safety and well-being of our guests and employees. It focuses on total care and has been devised in collaboration with ECOLAB, the global leader in hygiene technologies, and certified by SGS, the world’s leading inspection and verification specialists.
Important Notices when travelling to the Maldives
1. Before Your Arrival
- Effective from March 13th, 2022, PCR is not mandatory to enter the Maldives. https://immigration.gov.mv/faq-for-visiting-the-maldives
- Traveller Declaration must be filled in and submitted by all travellers travelling to and from Maldives, within 96 hours of the flight time. The form has to be submitted electronically via IMUGA.
- Travel-related quarantine is no longer required
- Effective 5th March 2022, passengers entering the Maldives are NO LONGER required to present a Negative PCR test result upon arrival if the individual(s) have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine approved by the Maldives Food & Drug Authority or WHO Emergency Use Listing (EUL) and at least 14 days have passed since. (Booster dose(s) are not required to be eligible for this exemption). https://www.tourism.gov.mv/en/page/updates_on_the_covid_19_situation_in_the_maldives
- Please note that upon arrival into the Maldives, those who exhibit Covid-19 symptoms will have to undergo a PCR test. If you are travelling in a group, all members of the group must undergo testing.
- Wearing a mask is only mandatory under the following conditions:
- In all health facilities, regardless of outbreak status, staff, patients and visitors must wear masks.
- Services where crowding takes place
- Gatherings in confined indoor spaces
- Transport vehicles where many people travel and when using public transportation such as buses, ferries or taxis)
- Crowded places/ gatherings
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19
- Even though the Public Health Emergency has been revoked, COVID-19-positive isolation, quarantining of contacts and testing before release will be continued as per current guidelines.
2. Departing from the Maldives
Many airlines and countries require PCR Tests for arriving passengers. We do offer a PCR test service in our resort for the convenience of our guests at a charge of 100 USD Net per person. It normally takes up to 24 hours to get the results.
Please ensure to regularly check with your airline and the destination country on their PCR timing requirement. Some countries require 72, 48 or 24 hours old PCR tests from the boarding and/or arrival time. we will provide you with a professional government-approved PCR service based on your requested timing. However, we will not assume any responsibility if the timing of the test is not in accordance with the requirements of the airline or the destination country. Please ensure to have the latest information that is applicable to your destination as the rules are changing rapidly.
3. If results are positive
* * If test results are positive, we will follow Maldives Authorities Guidelines and how to handle the case. For more information on government guidelines please visit: https://covid19.health.gov.mv/en/?c=0 and scroll to the bottom and click Guidance for International Travelers to the Maldives
4. Additional Information
For more information on the regulations of the Maldives and the current rules implemented by the Government and hotel which may impact your stay, please check for the latest updates on the Maldives Ministry of Tourism (link provided above)