Centara's commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility has put the company on a path to a better, more meaningful kind of success where resources are respected, communities enjoy opportunities and support, and careers and employment are abundant for the generations to come.
Our basis for this commitment is rooted deep in Thai tradition, and we acknowledge and appreciate the fact that the strength of community, and the responsible treatment of the environment in which we all live, has a positive impact upon our business and consequently on the prosperity and security of the destinations where we operate.
We aspire to operate our business ethically and sustainably in a balanced manner across the entire portfolio and are committed to integrating sustainable practices throughout our hotel operations whilst delivering excellent service for our guests.
We are committed to operating our business to a high degree of ethical, social and environmentally responsible standards whilst providing an exceptional level of Thai hospitality. We aspire to encourage our stakeholders towards these same ideals, and we are committed to selecting environmentally friendly products which in turn allows us to further incorporate sustainable development into our products and services. We are also committed to ensuring a respectful, safe and healthy environment for our employees.
No Gift Policy
Centara is committed to sustainable growth and success in accordance with good corporate governance considering the benefits of all parties involved in the realization of social responsibility and maintaining a policy against all forms of corruption. Therefore, we wish to ask you in refraining from giving gifts or other compensations to company personnel.
All our executives and employees would like to accept your kindness and gratitude. We are ready to perform duties with responsibility and sincerity to all relevant parties with transparency and fairness for our long-lasting business relationship.
Centara Hotels & Resorts has identified and established the following seven key objectives to address our sustainability achievement.
- Community: We will help and support the local community in which we conduct business through our own environmental and social initiatives.
- Eco-Technology: We will devote our resources to the introduction of new technologies and innovations in service which are environmentally friendly and which make commercial business sense.
- Environment and Ecology: We are committed to the preservation of our environmental practices according to best practice in the following key performance areas:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency, conservation and management
- Reducing water consumption through management of freshwater resources
- Preserving our ecosystem within the resort as well as in nearby local communities
- Raising social and cultural issues through involvement and contribution to local communities
- Protecting the air quality both inside our buildings and outside and controlling noise pollution
- Treating wastewater to avoid polluting discharge
- Treating harmful substances in an environmentally friendly way.
- Partnership: We are committed to working with Government agencies and departments as well as local business associations and our suppliers to help us achieve our goals.
- Product: We are conscientious about the selection of materials and products used in our organisation. Materials must be eco-friendly, such as bio-degradable and non-harmful to the environment. Nothing which emits harmful CFCs or is toxic in nature is permissible.
- Education: We are committed to the training and education of our employees and to making them and our guests aware of the environmental issues and their role in this programme.
- Recycle: We are committed to minimising waste production through the reduction, reuse and recycling of products.